Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome!

It's official: I have hopped on the proverbial bandwagon: I'm writing a blog!! I decided once and for all that it's time to take my cultural, social, and culinary musings to the streets....err....web. I'm constantly thinking, reading, and talking about the latest and greatest in NYC.

Seriously, ask my friends.
It's ridiculous.
And slightly frightening.

Using food, cuisine, and all things gastro as an example: whether it's spending far too much time sending restaurant/nightlife recommendation e-mails-cum-novels to my friends, pouring over dozens of menus on a daily basis on MenuPages, devouring every entry on all the food/restaurant-related websites I can get my hands on, or always planning (and drooling) ahead for my next meal (I call my friends early to think of places so I can get excited throughout day and have something to crave and look forward to), I put my heart, my soul, and my waistline into everything food.

I'm obsessed with discovering something new and fantastic every day in this wonderful city. I'm going on my eighth year as a New Yorker, and I'm still amused by the delightful and delicious things to be unearthed by my eyes, my heart, and my mouth!

Be it food, restaurants, bars, stores, museums, streets, neighborhoods, styles, trends, movements, people, conversations, or experiences, I want to be on the cutting edge of everything NYC has to offer. I know I'm one of many who are blogging about their "beloved city".

Yet, despite the cliches, I'm ceaselessly awed and inspired, and there's no better feeling than being enlightened--so I want to try to do the same; to inspire and to enlighten. To give you a little UMPH in hopes that you, too, will get out there--take a walk, make a stop, take a detour home to discover something new. I wish and hope to provide you with musings about NYC that are biting and refreshing, but not overdone.

So, here now, I give you Al Dente: something that's biting in content--and in taste. Welcome!

Be happy and Carpe Diem!

No comments: