Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hot 'n Steamy in Chelsea

New Grey Dog resto alert?


All signs point to yes: according to Eater and I walked by the plywood and construction on W. 16th between 7th and 8th yesterday on my way back from work. This is pot-tentially exciting and awakening news for Grey Dog fans who do not reside in or around the NYU area. But with the addition of the new Chelsea location, that'll be THREE GD's on the West side. Is there some sort of bias towards the East side? Our fellow East-siders are looking for a pick me up just as much as the next (West side-inhabiting) person. As an East sider myself, I gotta say, it's java-makin me crazy! What gives?

Speaking of work (or not...), I was at the Food Network studio's test kitchens, where the lovely art stylist, Jessica, had to demonstrate how to chisel away at a frozen turkey (a little tongue & cheek twist on a most-requested "how to carve a turkey" question by FN viewers).


Yes, that's really a turkey submerged in water and frozen. Jess used a blowtorch to melt away the ice. It was w-w-wild. Stay tuned for the air date.

Be happy and Carpe Diem!

No comments: